Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer 2010

It has been awhile since I blogged. So much has happened since then. In June Samantha turned 14, she is growing up so fast, and turning into a beautiful young lady. In July we went on our summer vacation. We skipped the beach like most did due to the oil spill, after a week in Knoxville and Chattanooga visiting friends and going to some really awesome attractions we returned home just in time for VBS. VBS was awesome as always, and we really enjoyed the week spending it with all the sweet kids. After VBS was over it was my 3 week countdown to Africa. 2 weeks to go and I started having horrible stomach pains, I first thought it was my nerves, or something. I went to the doctor twice only to find my self in the ER for 2 days. They told me I was anemic, I needed 2 pints of blood (for those of you who are asking the question how many pints do we have... well it's only 5) They also found a blood clot on my liver going into my porta vein. No that wasn't enough, they also found 3 large mass in my uterus. So now I am waiting for my red blood cells to be large enough for surgery. I need a hysterectomy soon. The doctors have found NO CANCER, I am thanking GOD for this great news. So if everything goes as planned I will have surgery in 3 weeks. Please pray for me a quick recovery for I am not a person that handles down time very well and also that everything goes good. So after all of that I was told by my doctors I was not allowed to go on my trip. Travis did get to go and meet all the sweet people in Korah. I will get there in January, so my plans have just been postponed awhile. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me then. God takes things away for a reason, and I know he has a bigger plan for me now. Tabby turned 11 last week and she is growing up so fast too. I am very excited to get to meet our sponsored girls, 2 of the girls have e-mailed me from Sumers computer and I just cry. However the e-mails are sweet and they want me to know they are praying for me to get better fast. Bethlem (aka Betty) told me she would come to me but it was to far, that just broke my heart that she would be willing. I can feel the love so strong from Betty and Fikirta that it totally amazes me. I love the other 8 girls too very much two, however I think Betty may be chasing my heart. Nothing has never felt so right in my whole life as to the feeling I get when I think about getting to meet the girls. I can't wait! For all of you that know me really well, you will know that Christmas would be the perfect time. God knows what He is doing, we never need to second guess the great ONE. So I can't stand it anymore I would like to introduce to my family and friends... My sweet sweet girls that live in Korah...






This is Bethlem aka Betty
Betty is 14 years old, and she can make me cry, laugh, and smile all at the same time, and we haven't even got to meet yet. She can do all this just through her letters. Betty once spent her days at the trash dump but, no more. She now lives in the shelter and will be attending boarding school this fall. She wants to be a good student, her favorite sport is soccer in which she also likes to play the game. Her favorite thing to eat is meat. Going to school gets her out of the dump and an education, no more empty stomachs, clothes and a bed to sleep in.
Betty reminds me all the time to have no fear for God is in control and He will take care of everything. Betty has shared a Bible Verse with me and that is..."If anyone wants to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all." Mark 9:35



This is Fikirta, she is also 14 years old. Fikirta and Betty are best friends and now they get to be sisters. Fikirta is laid back and easy going. She also was in the dump until she was able to go to the shelter. Fikirta will also be attending the boarding school this fall, she is in the 7th grade. She likes soccer and loves to dance. Her favorite food id ingra.




This is Jeruselem, she is 13 years old. Jeruselem lives with relatives and still goes to the dump for food everyday until she goes to the boarding school this fall. Jeruselem's relatives have taken her out of the program a few times. So we are praying that they leave her in the program so she will for sure get to go to school soon.




This is Heaven she is the baby of the girls at only 9 years old. Heaven is just one sweet and loving little girl. Heaven lives in Korah with her grandmother until this fall when she gets to go to the school also. She is an only child who has lost both of her parents. Heaven loves to dress up and wear finger nail polish. She also likes to draw and play basketball. She is our Girly Girl! Heaven's favorite Bible verse is John 1:17 "For the Law was given to Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ."



This is Tsehay D., she is also 10 years old and lives with relatives. Tsehay will also be attending boarding school this fall. Tsehay is the smallest of the girls, by the pictures I have seen I am guessing she is not much bigger than Kolton.
Tsehay also loves to have fer finger nails painted, Travis promised her I would bring her some. I can't brake a promise. I think this sounds like a good job for big sister Samantha.





This is Mesret who is also 10 years old and lives with her mother, brother, and sister in Korah. Mesret also enjoys dressing up. Mesret will also be going to school this fall also.




This is Marihawit she is 10 years old. Marihawit is our shy one however loves the camera. We have lots of pictures to show off, of this adorable little girl. She makes her Daddy Tim proud, for he has yet to admit it, but she has a special place in his heart. Marihawit gets to go to school this fall too. Yea! Marihawit will be going into the 4th grade, and plans on someday being a doctor. She also likes soccer, taking pictures, her favorite color is blue and white (this was also Tim's school colors) and her favorite thing to eat is bananas. Her favorite quote is.."Be Good, Do Good, Leave the rest to God."




This is Tsehay T. she is 14 years old. Tsehay lives with her mother who has leprosy. She enjoys running,singing, soccer, and she loves school and studies hard to be a clever student. Her favorite subjects are Physics and Chemistry. Tsehay also goes to the dump for food, clothes, and treasures that the family can sell on the street. Tsehay also gets to leave the dump for school. God is awesome! Tsehay has several verses that she sent me and they are...

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. Psalm 23:1

I love the Lord, because He hears My voice and my Supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I shall call upon Him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." John 14:6

For God did not send His Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:17-18



This is Zemenay who is also 14 years old. Zemenay's mother is living with the daily battle of leprosy and trying to raise 6 girls a 1 boy. Zemenay goes to the dump daily to help her family. We are just thankful that her mother is allowing her to go to school this fall and get an education with the rest of the girls.


Last but not least is Habtame, however I don't know how old she is, and I haven't got a picture yet.. a picture will be coming soon thanks to Cherrie C.



Here is some pictures of Travis's trip Africa...










Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment