Monday, May 31, 2010




Today's Quote:


"We come, not to mourn our dead soldiers, but to praise them." ~ Francis A. Walker



Memorial Day has so many mixed feelings for me.. I pray for those that fight for us everyday, so we can have Freedom, I think about the ones that we have lost, I think about how my Great Grandpa never talked about the war even though he lived to come home, he was one of the lucky ones, or was he. He also carried around with him memories that no one should have to live with. I thank God for every soldier that come home and for every soldier that paid the ultimate price for my Freedom.

The picture above is my Great Grandpa, Great Grandma, My Grandma as a very young child and my uncle.


May 31st is also the day that my Grandpa Amos lost his life to colon cancer, Yes I was a Grandpa's girl. It's been 11 years today and I still miss him like crazy. I know that he wouldn't want me to be sad, so I just focus on the fact that while in Hospice they asked him if he had a last wish. He said only that I would give birth to his 2nd great grand-daughter on his birthday. Only God could grant that wish. (My due date was 3 weeks after his birthday) Three months later in the middle of the day in less than 2 hours I gave birth to his great grand-daughter. Yes it was his birthday. So I guess you could say God granted me with his last wish.



This man loved to fish, and is greatly missed.
















Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment